Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pieces of Prayer and Hope

     Being in charge of another life (in other words, being a parent), is a very challenging job. It's a lot of responsibility to know when an illness warrants a doctor visit, or when to have a conference with a teacher over a problem at school; also, when to just leave things alone and let time run its course. My instincts kick in to protect and defend these kids, but sometimes, I have to swallow my desire to run over everyone and to just let time play it's hand.
     It's also another playing field to be parenting another person's children while they are getting their family rehabilitated to be able to have their children come back home. Am I making the right choices? Do I look too closely into things? How can I help transition these children without it being a scary or traumatic event?
     I love these kids. I pray that they'll be safe on their return home. I also hope that I'm doing the best job that I can do while they are in my home. My family has become their family, and pieces of my heart belong with them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment