Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is God Laughing at Me?

     Have you ever heard the saying, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans."  Well, can you hear the laughter outside your window? We've been very blessed with a house full of laughter, chaos and children (those things go hand in hand, by the way). However, I never planned on having five sets of little feet running though our home. God brought us here. 


     I "planned" on having four biological children, but that wasn't God's plan. I never dreamed that I'd ever want to be a foster parent. That wasn't in my "plan", but God brought us here. A little while ago, we became a licensed foster home. The ride, so far, has been insane. It has been frustrating; it has been stressful, and it is downright hard at times. Yet, there is a flip side. Being a parent to these children has been rewarding, humbling and a downright honor. My heart has grown with each child that has passed through our doorstep.


     Now, back to the laughter, we have "planned" on adopting a child or children if that privilege ever presents itself, but I have no idea what God has planned for us. My mind swims with questions: Will we ever adopt? How long will it take? Is this our forever child? Is this healthy for our family? Why are we doing this, again?


I must rely on the truth that is instilled in my heart:  
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


     I don't know where this ride will take us or when it will end, but my prayer and hope is that God won't laugh too hard at our "plans" to adopt & bless us with another miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment