Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Choosing to Count Our Blessings....Today

     Wouldn't it be great if when we prayed, God would speak audibly back to us instantly? I know, it'd probably scare me to death, but it would help (wouldn't it?) to just hear the answers that you're searching for. Sometimes, I feel as though I am trying to guess answers, instead.

     I spoke with a friend a while ago, and I mentioned being "still and knowing that he is God" to hear answers and to seek his will for our family. I shared with her my frustrations that I don't hear, feel or sense anything. I sit in silence, and sometimes, I feel like my prayers stop at the ceiling. She brought to my attentions a new interpretation of the said verse. She asked me what if being still meant, being content and still where he has led us, thus far. We're here, right where his path has led us (kind of at a stand still), and maybe we're just to be enjoying our family, as is. 

     It isn't that I have not been enjoying our family dynamics, lately. I think that I'm enjoying it, too much, because I'm trying to run ahead. I'm trying to prepare for the unknown. I'm mourning a loss that hasn't happened, and that may not be a wrong response to our situation. However, I'm not focused on the good times that we haven't had yet. We get to have some holidays and a birthday in the coming months together. We're blessed to have these moments, and I'm thankful. Today I'm counting my blessings. That is what I'm choosing this moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment